This taco recipe is always a hit at my place, even with the meat eaters. Sautéed tofu is a great substitute for chicken or fish. The key is to season it well so it absorbs enough flavour. You can use this tofu recipe for hard or soft tacos. I tend to like it better with soft tacos, tastes more authentic.
- 2 packs firm tofu chopped into small 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Diana’s Barbecue sauce
- sesame seeds (black or white)
- 1 pack of 10 corn tortillas
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- sliced onions
- sliced jalapeno
- grated cheese (any kind you like)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- limes cut into wedges
- homemade guacamole (look at recipe in blog)
- In a large frypan, heat avocado oil.
- Add chopped garlic and cumin seeds, sautée for a few minutes until garlic is golden brown.
- Add tofu, sautée until tofu appears golden brown.
- Add salt, taco seasoning, soy sauce and barbecue sauce and saut7 minutes on medium to high heat until tofu is well coated.
- Remove from heat and serve on tortillas. Top with prepared toppings.