I had a little fun this morning whipping up this no flour banana bread recipe. I love having healthy options ready to go when we are in a rush in the morning. This recipe is loaded with goodness. I added sunflower seeds, chia seeds and hemp seeds. There is absolutely no flour and no refined sugar. I ground instant oats in my vitamix to make my own oat flour. Quick and easy! It’s a nourishing treat loaded with protein and it’s delicious too!
I added my latest find from Costco…MAPLE FLAKES!! Everyone who knows me, know that I have a weakness for spicy and anything with MAPLE! I used the maple flakes for added sweetness on the top to give a sweet crunch. YUM!
For some fun, I pulled out my kids baking supplies to make some cute bundt cakes and cupcakes with the batter. I found these years ago at Home Sense.
Prep Time : 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 3 cups instant oats (ground in a blender or Vitamix)
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk any milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray baking pan (loaf pan or cupcake pan) with oil or brush with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, except for sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix bananas, eggs with all wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and sesame seeds, keep 1 tablespoon of each aside for topping.
- Combine banana mixture with oat mixture. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Sprinkle extra sunflower seeds and chocolate chips on top. In a bundt pan, I sprinkled the chocolate chips and sunflower seeds in the bottom of the pan.
- Optional : Sprinkle maple flakes if you have them, or you can also sprinkle raw brown sugar.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes. Check with toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean, cake is ready.